News and Events
Proposed Development - Ashbourne Linear Park - Meath County Council proposes to carry out the following development
Date Released: 16 November 2016
Planning and Development Act, 2000 – 2015
Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 – 2015
PLANNING NOTICE – PART 8
In accordance with Part XI of the (Planning & Development) Act, 2000 – 2015 and Part VIII of the Planning & Development, Regulations 2001 – 2015, notice is hereby given that Meath County Council proposes to carry out the following development in:
Phase 1, Ashbourne Linear Park, Killegland, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED WORKS
The proposed works will form phase 1 of the Ashbourne Linear Park located in the centre of the town and will include the following works:
- Installation of play area for older children
- Installation of a skateboard park
- Construction of an amphitheatre and wall
- Installation of a toddler play area
- Construction of new footpaths throughout the area
- Re-installation of the pedestrian footbridge linking park to Ashbourne Town Centre
- Landscaping throughout the area
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000- 2015.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection during office hours at the offices of the Local Authority:
- Ashbourne Civic Offices, 1-2 Killegland Square Upper, Killegland St, Ashbourne A84 NY73
- Planning Department, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan C15 Y291
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours (9.00a.m.-1.00p.m. and 2.00p.m.-4.00p.m.) within the period Monday, 28th November, 2016 to Thursday, 19th January, 2017 both dates inclusive at the Planning Department, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, C15 Y291.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing, to Meath County Council, Planning Department Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan or emailed to email@example.com on or before 4.00p.m. on Thursday, 2nd February, 2017.