A vehicle conversion is a modification to the registered details of a vehicle
Most conversions submitted to the Motor Taxation Office are for Vehicles which have been converted from EU category M1 to N1, i.e. from Private to Goods Vehicle – (Additional Information in relation to vehicles conversions can be found at www.revenue.ie )
To amend registration documents for a converted vehicle when taxing it:-
- Submit the completed documents below to the Motor Taxation Office:
- Change of particulars Form RF111 – Change of Particular – available at www.motortax.ie
- Original Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Vehicle Owner’s Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONV)
- Suitably Qualified Individual Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONVSQI)
- Test 48 certification (Masses and Dimensions) issued by an N.S.A.I. Approved Test Centre, if converting M1 to N1 – see www.nsai.ie for list of Approved Test Centres.
- If you intend to tax the vehicle as a light goods / commercial vehicle, submit the documents mentioned in the Motor Tax for a Light Goods Vehicle section also.
If arrears of motor taxation are due to be paid, they will be calculated at the pre conversion rate, up to the start of the month in which the conversion occurred.