A vehicle conversion is a modification to the registered details of a vehicle
Most conversions submitted to the Motor Taxation Office are for Vehicles which have been converted from EU category M1 to N1, i.e. from Private to Goods Vehicle – (Additional Information in relation to vehicles conversions can be found at www.revenue.ie )
To amend registration documents for a converted vehicle when taxing it:-
- Submit the completed documents below to the Motor Taxation Office:
- Change of particulars Form RF111 – Change of Particular – available at www.motortax.ie
- Original Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Vehicle Owner’s Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONV)
- Suitably Qualified Individual Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONVSQI)
- Test 48 certification (Masses and Dimensions) issued by an N.S.A.I. Approved Test Centre, if converting M1 to N1 – see www.nsai.ie for list of Approved Test Centres.
- If you intend to tax the vehicle as a light goods / commercial vehicle, submit the documents mentioned in the Motor Tax for a Light Goods Vehicle section also.