Meath County Council appointed a Heritage Officer in November 2003. The Heritage Officer Programme is a partnership arrangement between the Heritage Council and the Local Authority.
The role of the Heritage Officer is to promote interest, education, knowledge and pride in the heritage of County Meath. While also seeking to facilitate appreciation and enjoyment of the National heritage and in doing so co-operate with other bodies in the promotion of its function. Heritage objectives are identified and prioritised in a Local Heritage Plan that is formally adopted by the Local Authority.
Some of the principal areas addressed by the Heritage Officer include:
- Facilitate County Heritage Forum
- Implement County Meath Heritage Plan and County Meath Biodiversity Plan
- Advise on best practice in heritage conservation and management
- Heritage Education and Training
- Data Collection
- Build partnerships
- Facilitate public participation
- Integrate heritage within local government
For further information please contact:
Meath County Council
Telephone: (046) 9097507
Fax: (046) 9097001