Joining the Library
Meath County Libraries operates and open to all policy which means that anyone who lives, works or visits the County is welcome to make use of the library facilities.
Membership is open to anyone living or working in the county. A simple application form can be filled out at any of our Meath Libraries and a library card or tickets can be issued immediately.
Library membership is free to everyone.
For adults, proof of identification is required, something which includes a photograph and something with your name and address, such as a passport, driving licence, utility bill etc.
The loan period is currently 3 weeks but this may be extended. Children and adults are allowed up to 12 items on their ticket. Fines accrue on overdue items.
Children may join the library at any age. Parents or guardians need to sign the membership forms and are responsible for any items borrowed on the card.
Library cards can be used in any of the Meath County Libraries.
- Please take care of your Library card.
- Please remember to bring your Library card with you when you visit the Library.
- If you do not have the card with you will be asked for some form of identification before you can borrow items.
- Please let us know about any changes to your name, address or telephone details.
- Beware of lending your card to anyone else, as you are responsible for any items borrowed on it.
- Please let us know as soon as possible, if your card is lost or stolen