Contact Details: If Bottle Banks are full, please contact 01-6854400
Clothes Bank Contact Details: 087 222 1077; 087 631 1698; 01 4625095
Kells Recycling Centre, Lloyd Business Park, Cavan Rd, Kells, Co. Meath, Tel: 046 9293436 or
Navan Recycling Centre, Unit 1, Mullaghboy Ind Est, Athboy Rd, Navan, Co. Meath, Tel: 046 9066170 or
Trim Recycling Centre, Manorlands, Summerhill Rd, Trim, Co. Meath, Tel: 046 9486775 or
Opening Hours for above:
Monday to Saturday 8.45am – 4.45pm.
Closed Sundays and Public Holidays.
Dunboyne Recycling Facility - Thorntons Recycling, Dunboyne Industrial Estate, Dunboyne, Co. Meath -
Tel. 01 6235133
Opening Hours for Dunboyne:
The opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 9am to 4pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm. The site is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- Will only accept recyclable material and no household or garden waste is accepted.
- Waste not accepted from commercial customers.
- Please Note: There is a gate fee of 2 euro to enter Thorntons Recycling Centre in Dunboyne. Payment will be made into a coin machine and the automatic barrier will then lift. Customers are advised by Thornton Recycling to pack as much as they can into their cars when they visit to make their recycling trips as efficient and economical as possible.
For a full list of Bring Banks in County Meath please check www.repak.ie (recycling facilities search)
- Ensure that all items for recycling are clean!
- Wash out tins/bottles/tetra-paks/milk/juice cartons
- Plastic Bags must be clean - no food residues!
- Remove all timber, plastics and other contaminants from builders' rubble
- Painted/varnished/treated timber, chipboard, pottery, broken garden fencing, decking are NOT accepted. If you are unsure about a material, please ring ahead to the Recycling Centre to check
- Old Textiles and clothing can be recycled
If you wish to find out more about recycling and packaging, please visit the Recyclemore.ie website. Recyclemore.ie was set up as a national resource for packaging information for consumers: http://www.recyclemore.ie/links
Materials Accepted at Meath County Council Recycling Centres
For list of materials acceptable or if you are unsure if your items will be accepted at Navan, Kells and Trim Recycling Centres, please click on the following links or ring the relevent site:
Green Waste Charges at Meath County Council Recycling Centres
Car and up to 3 bags of green waste in boot - No Extra Charge
Car + Single Axle Trailer with over 3 bags - €10
Second and subsequent single axle trailers will be charged at €20 each
Car + Double Axle Trailer - €20
All other commercial vehicles (under 2 tonnes) - €50
Commercial Vehicles (2 - 5 tonnes) - €100
Loads over 5 tonnes not accepted
Green Waste is expensive to dispose of. By introducing these charges, Meath County Council can continue to provide this service at the Meath Recycling Centres, either free of charge or at a reasonable cost to householders.
*Please note that the gate fee of €3 still applies regardless of whether or not there is a charge for green waste.
Gate Fee €3 (please note there is no charge for household WEEE & Batteries)
Green Waste - As above.
Timber - €40 per van or €1.50 per pallet
Scrap Metal - €50 per load
Cardboard - €30 per van
Paper/Mixed Paper - €40 per van or €2 per bag
Oil - €1 per litre
Payment may be made by cheque payable to Oxigen Environmental accompanied by a current banker's card or by credit or laser card or cash.
Bulky household waste is accepted at the three Meath County Council Recycling Centres. The following charges apply:
Double mattress - €15
Single mattress - €10
3 Seater couch - €18
2 Seater couch - €14
Armchair - €10
Patio table - €8
Patio chair - €4
Single Divan Bed - €10
Double Divan Bed - €12
Carpet/Large Lino - Large Roll - €20
Lino/Carpet - Small Roll - €14
Bag of Carpet/Lino - €5
Large plastic toys - €6 each
These charges do not include the €3 gate fee.
Any Queries, contact Bernadine Carry, Evironmental Awareness Officer at 087 989 0306 or Kells Recycling Centre at 046 9293436.
One of the easiest and most sustainable treatment of waste in the home is composting or vermi-composting (composting with worms!).
See our section on
Compost bins can be used to breakdown all of the green waste arising in your kitchen and garden
- Fruit and Vegetable peelings
- Garden clippings
- Egg shells and cardboard egg boxes
- Bits of newspaper and cardboard
Layer the materials in your compost bin and wait about 6 - 12 months for your home made soil improver to arrive. This should also cut down on your waste by approximately 30 – 35%.
Alternatively using tiger worms (vermi-composting) you can expand the range of materials which you can compost as the worms will also digest
- Cooked foods
Composters are available for sale at the Navan, Kells and Trim Recycling Centres for €35 which now includes a free Kitchen Caddy for your food waste. Alternatively if you just require the kitchen caddy on it's own - this can be purchased for the value for money sum of €5.
Household WEEE & Batteries are accepted free of charge at our Civic Amenity facilities from members of the public.
The following websites may provide additional information: