Joint Policing Committee
Meath Joint Policing Committee (JPC) was established in 2009 under the Garda Siochana Act 2005. Its overall aim is to act as a forum for consultation, discussion and recommendations on matters affecting policing.
JPCs stated role outlines the need to:
- Keep under review, a) the levels and patterns of crime, disorder and anti social behaviour (including the patterns and levels of misuse of alcohol and drugs) and b) the underlying factors that contribute to these issues.
- Advise the local authority and the Garda Siochana on how they might best perform their functions and do everything feasibly possible to improve the safety and quality of life, to prevent crime, disorder and anti social behaviour.
- Arrange and host public meetings concerning matters affecting the policing of the local authorities administrative area.
- Establish in consultation with the local Garda Superintendent and specific neighbourhoods, local policing fora to discuss and make recommendations to the JPC.
- Co-ordinate the activities of local policing fora.
Please visit the links from the menu on the left for further information on Meath Joint Policing Committee. Further information is also available at http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Joint_Policing_Committees